cs imagination, so much so that Wembley

General discussion about anything concerning the Project Reality server.
sakura698

cs imagination, so much so that Wembley

Post by sakura698 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:13 am

TORONTO - Officials with the Toronto 2015 Pan Am Games billed Ontario taxpayers for everything from dress shirts and parking tickets to orange juice and wine before reimbursing them, documents released Friday reveal. Eddie Johnson Jersey .The Toronto Pan Am committee released five years worth of expense claims and credit card reports — about 5,000 pages of documents — to all media after a newspaper filed a freedom of information request.TO2015 CEO Saad Rafi said the government had no say in the timing of the document dump on Friday, one day after the legislature recessed for two months.We of course work with the government on all these matters, said Rafi. In the past the expense claims for the organization garnered a lot of attention, so we wanted everybody to have that information at the same time.The expense reports, which often do not include the name of the executive making the claim, show Pan Am officials frequently charged taxpayers for their coffee, bottled water and snacks. Some also put cash advances on government credit cards, at very high interest rates.The inappropriate expenses, some going as far back as 2010, only turned up after the FOI request, and the reimbursements were made in recent weeks, said Rafi.I didnt know they existed, he said. When I saw those things, I said you know what, thats not going to stand.The Progressive Conservatives said the Liberal government has clearly not been able to change the culture of entitlement at the Pan Am organizing committee.If youre appointed to a committee by a Liberal, you can basically expense whatever you want, thats the message that I think the public is hearing now, said PC Pan Am critic Todd Smith. The scandalous spending is continuing even after the new regime has been put in place.The New Democrats said Premier Kathleen Wynne and the Liberals appeared to have learned nothing from a similar scandal involving inappropriate expenditures at eHealth Ontario, which forced then-health minister David Caplan to resign.Ontarians are footing the bill so Pan Am officials can go shopping at Harry Rosen, the LCBO or the Beer Store, said NDP Pan Am critic Paul Miller. For the Liberals, to wait until the day after the legislature rises makes a mockery of transparency and accountability. It’s just absurd and manipulative.Rafi, who took over the top spot last January, rejected Opposition claims that people working with the Pan Am committee have a huge sense of entitlement.I think what were doing here is trying to instill a sense of responsibility that this is predominantly a taxpayer funded games and people have that obligation to the taxpayer, he said. We are trying to continue with being open and transparent and make sure people follow the rules.Its not the first time expenses by the Pan Am executives have come under fire.Former CEO Ian Troop, who was paid $477,000 a year, was criticized after he billed taxpayers 91 cents for parking, $1.89 for a cup of tea and $8,561.19 for a Mexican hotel and cocktail party.The opposition parties also complained about a $7-million bonus package for TO2015 executives, including Troop, who would have been eligible for a $780,000 premium if hed stayed and the Games came in on budget.Ontario taxpayers already shelled out over a million dollars to fired Pan Am executives, including a years pay and $27,300 in retirement benefits for Troop, who also got $10,000 in outplacement payments, $3,500 in legal fees and medical benefits of $15,800.Former Pan Am vice-president of human resources, Elaine Roper, was paid $300,000 when she was let go, while Louise Lutgen got $271,000 after she was dismissed as the vice-president of cultural affairs.The Progressive Conservatives said the latest round of expenses showed the Pan Am committee spent $5,800 on tickets to the PGAs golf championship, and $8,200 on tickets to Toronto Argonauts CFL games.TO 2015 is probably the perfect example where this type of behaviour has continued over a four-year period and doesnt seem to be stopping any time soon, said Smith.The total budget for the Pan Am Games, which will be held in communities across southern Ontario next summer, is about $2.5 billion.Follow @CPnewsboy on Twitter Jared Harper Jersey . Ashton scored a hat trick -- giving him 13 goals in 16 AHL games this season -- to power the Toronto Marlies to a 5-2 victory over the visiting Lake Erie Monsters in AHL action on Sunday. Kelly Oubre Jersey . You can watch all the action on TSN2 beginning at 7pm et/4pm pt. Pineda won his second straight start last Wednesday against Chicago, as he held the Cubs to just four hits over six scoreless innings to run his record to 2-0, while lowering his ERA to 1. https://www.cheapsunsonline.com/469z-jo ... -suns.html .com) - The collective hearts of Chicago Bulls fans sank on Friday night when Derrick Rose went down with a leg injury against the Cleveland Cavaliers. Billed as one of the biggest fights in British boxing history, the second installment of Carl Froch vs. George Groves has the ingredients of a classic. Now it just has to live up to the expectations. Saturdays fight for Frochs IBF and WBA super-middleweight titles will take place at Wembley Stadium in front of a record British boxing crowd of about 80,000 fans. It features an established champion against a young pretender and a score to settle after a controversial first fight. The rematch has been a promoters dream because of the dramatic first fight in Manchester last November. The 36-year-old Froch -- arguably Britains top boxer of the past five years -- was knocked down in the first round and exposed for more than half the bout by an upstart 11 years his junior. In the ninth round, Froch finally landed some meaningful punches of his own to leave Groves wobbling, but the challenger was still on his feet when the referee stepped in to end the fight. With the crowd howling in derision, it was an unfortunate way to end a memorable fight. It was no surprise that the IBF ordered a rematch after Groves made a complaint, and the clamour for Froch-Groves II was already irresistible. There will be unfinished business in London, with Groves intent on sending Froch into retirement. "Weve been working on left hooks," Groves said Thursday. "We know the left hook will work and it will be the left hook that finishes Carl Froch on Saturday." Froch was riled by the in-your-face approach of Groves during the buildup to the Manchester fight, but he clearly underestimated his rival. He ended the fight with a bruised and puffy face, his reputation slightly damaged but still with a win on his record. Robert McCracken, Frochs trainer, revealed after the fight that he knnew Froch would have trouble with Groves awkward style and fast start. Raja Bell Jersey. Groves dominated the centre of the ring, hounding Froch, and will look to do the same again on Saturday. "I gave him the advantage in the first fight, allowed him to get comfortable and let his shots go," said Froch, who has a 32-2 record, including losses to Mikkel Kessler and Andre Ward, and is contesting his 12th world title fight. "I took too many steps back but I wont be taking a backward step in this fight." Groves was jeered into the ring in Manchester and cheered out of it after his gutsy performance, which couldnt prevent a first loss in 20 professional fights. On Saturday, hell be fighting in his home city and will likely be the fans favourite. The fight has captured the British publics imagination, so much so that Wembley -- the home of English football -- was regarded as the only setting big enough to satisfy demand. The old Wembley hosted an unforgettable fight between Muhammad Ali and Henry Cooper in 1963. The last fight at Wembley was in 1995, when Frank Bruno beat Oliver McCall in a 12-round unanimous decision to capture the world heavyweight title. Many members of Englands World Cup squad will be present. As will Zara Phillips, the granddaughter of Queen Elizabeth II, and her rugby-playing husband Mike Tindall. Its considered the biggest grudge match in British boxing since the days of the Nigel Benn-Chris Eubank rivalry in the early 1990s. "Its got that air about it, the air of importance," Froch said. "With it being at the national stadium its obviously big. This is by far the biggest fight of my unbelievable career. "Its giving me the motivation and giving me the apprehension I need to perform at my best." ' ' '