Make Your Current Job Work For You Business Articles | July 17 Sam Darnold Youth Jersey , 2007
Are you bored, unmotivated or in a rut with your job? Do you find yourself fantasizing about running away to join the circus? Do you start dreading Monday morning on Friday evening? If so, it may be time for you to quit your job. Or, alternatively Le'Veon Bell Youth Jersey , try to change the things that you dislike about your current job. You may be able to solve the problems and make your current job work for you.
According to a report by the Conference Board, more than half of Americans ? including over 55 percent of 45- to 54-year-olds and more than 60 percent of those 25 and under ? are not satisfied with their jobs. That's an awful lot of unhappy people. Our work dissatisfaction has been steadily increasing over the past two decades. When asked for specifics, the biggest reasons were worklife balance, not feeling appreciated by boss andor coworkers C.J. Mosley Youth Jersey , and no potential for creativity or growth. (Notice that money was not listed.)
So, ok, we get it. You're unhappy with your job. But, as in many things in life Curtis Martin Youth Jersey , hating your job isn't just about your job. Part of the unhappiness lies within you and a change in your work won't solve the problem unless you make some changes in yourself. Before you jump ship to another job, give these tips a try and see if they don't result in a happier life. At least if or when you do leave, you'll have cultivated a better attitude to take with you.
1. Count your blessings. No matter how bad your job is, there much be some things you like about it. Maybe the commute is short. Maybe the cafeteria has a killer salad bar. Maybe you get your birthday as a free day off. Make a list and start being grateful for the things on it.
2. Be flexible. Don't view every change at work as the end of life as you know it. Embrace new challenges and ideas and give them a decent chance to work before deciding they're no good.
3. Share ideas. Do you have a better way of doing things? Write your proposal up and send it to your boss along with a request for a meeting to discuss it. You'll improve your relationship with your boss and maybe net yourself a chance at a promotion.
4. Try something new. Are you feeling stuck in your current job Joe Namath Youth Jersey , but think there might be a future for you in a different part of your company? Find an area you want to work in and see if the boss will let you cross-train or make a lateral move. Most companies value employees who show initiative and who want to learn and grow.
5. Ask for feedback. Maybe the problem is that you feel unappreciated. Ask your boss for a meeting to get some input on how she views your work. Tell her you'd like to meet regularly to get feedback, both good and bad, so you can improve.
6. Look outside yourself. It's not all about you. Does your company build bridges? Help people educate themselves? Develop processes to make people's lives easier? Maybe your job is a tiny little cog in the grand scheme of things, but you do play a part in the bigger picture.
7. Enjoy your colleagues. Nothing makes the day go faster than working in an atmosphere of collegiality and sense of purpose. Go out of your way to get to know your coworkers and then work as a team to get things accomplished.
8. Accept your job for what it is. You can't change your job ? at least not very much. You can change yourself Trevon Wesco Womens Jersey , and your reactions and your feelings. Let go of the negative feelings you have; how much you enjoy your job depends a great deal on the attitude you bring to it.
Free News Articles Home Business Free News Articles Insurance Michael Power Joins Frenkel and Company 鈥?an EPIC Company in New York Michael Power Joins Frenkel and Company 鈥?an EPIC Company in New York
NEW YORK, N.Y. -- Frenkel & Company - an EPIC Company announced today that risk management and insurance professional Michael Power has joined the firm's operations in New York as a Principal.
Power will be based in Frenkel's New York, N.Y. office at 350 Hudson Street and report to Phil Remig, Northeast Region Senior Vice President Chuma Edoga Womens Jersey , Operations and Sales.
Power will be responsible for new business development; management of propertycasualty insurance programs; and providing risk management strategies and solutions to mid-market and large clients across a range of industries, with a specialty focus on the complex needs of the Real Estate industry.
Power joins Frenkel from the New York office of Lockton Companies, where he was Senior Vice President and Northeast Real Estate Practice Leader. Power previously worked for Willis Towers Watson (Senior Vice President, New York Real Estate Practice Leader) and Wells Fargo Insurance Services in New York.
"We are excited to further expand and enhance our operations in the Greater New York City area and across the Northeast with Mike's addition Jachai Polite Womens Jersey ," said Phil Remig. "He is highly regarded for his professional knowledge; for building strong, positive relationships; and for providing exceptional service to his clients. Mike will be a terrific addition as we continue to deepen and strengthen our exceptional team both regionally and across the country."
Power attended Le Moyne College in Syracuse, New York, where he earned a Bachelor of Science Degree in General Business. Professionally Quinnen Williams Womens Jersey , he holds the Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) designation.
Michael Power can be reached at mpower@frenkel or 201-356-1113 (office).
EPIC is a unique and innovative retail property & casualty and employee benefits insurance brokerage and consulting firm. EPIC has created a values-based, client-focused culture that attracts and retains top talent, fosters employee satisfaction and loyalty and . Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Online Wholesale Cheap NCAA Jerseys Wholesale Nike NBA Jerseys Wholesale College Basketball Jerseys Wholesale NBA Jerseys From China Cheap NCAA Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NBA Jerseys Wholesale
General discussion about anything concerning the Project Reality server.
1 post • Page 1 of 1